Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 5:51 pm
Dudley on Beasley: Reward outweighs the risk
One of the team's big free agent signings in the offseason, Beasley is averaging a disappointing 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 27.7 minutes per night. He's also shooting just 39 percent.
However Dudley, one of the leaders in the locker room, says it's not right to get down on Beasley because he's "still trying to find himself."
"There's some probably games where he just plays first and third (quarters), there's sometimes where if he didn't hit a shot early on he's frustrated," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
Dudley said part of the learning process is knowing his shots will come, so there's no reason to force the offense.
Dudley said part of his job on the team is to "stay on top of" the mercurial Beasley, and at just 23 many believe the former No. 2 overall pick could still blossom into a star.
"I feel like the reward outweighs the risk," he said.
That has yet to happen, though the Suns could certainly use improvement from the 6-foot-10, 235-pound forward.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.