Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 5:51 pm
Dudley on Beasley: Reward outweighs the risk
One of the team's big free agent signings in the offseason, Beasley is averaging a disappointing 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 27.7 minutes per night. He's also shooting just 39 percent.
However Dudley, one of the leaders in the locker room, says it's not right to get down on Beasley because he's "still trying to find himself."
"There's some probably games where he just plays first and third (quarters), there's sometimes where if he didn't hit a shot early on he's frustrated," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
Dudley said part of the learning process is knowing his shots will come, so there's no reason to force the offense.
Dudley said part of his job on the team is to "stay on top of" the mercurial Beasley, and at just 23 many believe the former No. 2 overall pick could still blossom into a star.
"I feel like the reward outweighs the risk," he said.
That has yet to happen, though the Suns could certainly use improvement from the 6-foot-10, 235-pound forward.
- Suns' coach Jeff Hornacek: 'These guys expect to win games'
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.