Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 11:04 am
Suns promise refund if fans not happy vs. Mavs
"We believe strongly in the up-tempo, exciting brand of basketball that our team plays every time it steps onto the court, as well as the overall entertainment experience we provide here at US Airways Center," said Phoenix Suns president, Jason Rowley in a press release. "We feel so confident in our product that we are willing to offer money back to those fans who leave our arena unsatisfied after experiencing the excitement of Suns basketball."
ESPN sports business analyst Darren Rovell told radio hosts Mike & Mike on Friday morning, "If you don't go home happy, they will give you your money back. No questions asked. You go to the game, you pay for the ticket, you're not happy, you get your money back."
The Suns are 7-9 in fourth place in the Pacific Division and are coming off their third-worst loss in franchise history.
"They're not doing anything crazy -- they're saying we don't have a whole bunch of stars, we don't have a whole bunch of names, but we think we have good entertainment," Rovell said. "[The Suns] think we provide you with a great night. So if you're not happy with it, you will get your money back."
The Suns aren't the first local team to offer a satisfaction guarantee. In 2008, the Arizona Rattlers guaranteed they'd make the Arena Football League Playoffs, otherwise season ticket holders would receive a full refund on their seat purchases. In the end, the Rattlers made the postseason and didn't have to honor the refund offer.
Phoenix is averaging 15,063 fans for home games this season, a mark which ranks 24th in the league.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.