Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 8:15 am
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer third-worst defeat in franchise history
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-77 loss to the Pistons on November 28.
The Suns didn't have much go their way Wednesday night.
Luis Scola led the team with 11 points and six rebounds in the loss, which shows just how poorly Phoenix performed.
Detroit handed Phoenix its third-worst loss in franchise history.
The Suns didn't notch an assist for the entire second and most of the third quarters. According to STATS, the last team to go a whole quarter without an assist was the Toronto Raptors on Nov. 13.
Phoenix suffered a complete meltdown in the third quarter, in which the starters made just one shot. The Suns were also called for four technical fouls in the period.
They also totaled 19 turnovers in the loss.
The Suns were behind by as many as 44 points in the fourth quarter.
The loss wasn't the worst in the NBA this season -- that distinction belongs to the Charlotte Bobcats, who lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder 114-69 Monday night.
He Said It:
"There was nothing that we did that you could say was even NCAA quality," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "It was an absolutely horrendous game, and we'll have to do much, much better."
The Suns will continue their six-game road trip on Friday night against the Toronto Raptors. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
- Suns' coach Jeff Hornacek: 'These guys expect to win games'
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- The DISH - December 20, 2013 - Friday December 20Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Friday December 20Lon Babby talks about the early season success and Jeff Hornacek.
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns