Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 8:15 am
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer third-worst defeat in franchise history
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-77 loss to the Pistons on November 28.
The Suns didn't have much go their way Wednesday night.
Luis Scola led the team with 11 points and six rebounds in the loss, which shows just how poorly Phoenix performed.
Detroit handed Phoenix its third-worst loss in franchise history.
The Suns didn't notch an assist for the entire second and most of the third quarters. According to STATS, the last team to go a whole quarter without an assist was the Toronto Raptors on Nov. 13.
Phoenix suffered a complete meltdown in the third quarter, in which the starters made just one shot. The Suns were also called for four technical fouls in the period.
They also totaled 19 turnovers in the loss.
The Suns were behind by as many as 44 points in the fourth quarter.
The loss wasn't the worst in the NBA this season -- that distinction belongs to the Charlotte Bobcats, who lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder 114-69 Monday night.
He Said It:
"There was nothing that we did that you could say was even NCAA quality," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "It was an absolutely horrendous game, and we'll have to do much, much better."
The Suns will continue their six-game road trip on Friday night against the Toronto Raptors. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.