Updated Nov 29, 2012 - 8:15 am
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer third-worst defeat in franchise history
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-77 loss to the Pistons on November 28.
The Suns didn't have much go their way Wednesday night.
Luis Scola led the team with 11 points and six rebounds in the loss, which shows just how poorly Phoenix performed.
Detroit handed Phoenix its third-worst loss in franchise history.
The Suns didn't notch an assist for the entire second and most of the third quarters. According to STATS, the last team to go a whole quarter without an assist was the Toronto Raptors on Nov. 13.
Phoenix suffered a complete meltdown in the third quarter, in which the starters made just one shot. The Suns were also called for four technical fouls in the period.
They also totaled 19 turnovers in the loss.
The Suns were behind by as many as 44 points in the fourth quarter.
The loss wasn't the worst in the NBA this season -- that distinction belongs to the Charlotte Bobcats, who lost to the Oklahoma City Thunder 114-69 Monday night.
He Said It:
"There was nothing that we did that you could say was even NCAA quality," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "It was an absolutely horrendous game, and we'll have to do much, much better."
The Suns will continue their six-game road trip on Friday night against the Toronto Raptors. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic 'just having fun'
- Phoenix Suns GM McDonough says Plumlee, Frye made Marcin Gortat expendable
- Grantland writer: Phoenix Suns are 'the best story in the league'
- Phoenix Suns coach: Surprising start attributed to talent, effort and teamwork
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.
- Frank Isola, NY Daily News - Tuesday December 17The mess that is the NY Knicks, and what an east coast analyst thinks of the Suns.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday December 17What is the future for the Suns back court?
- The DISH - December 15, 2013 - Sunday December 15Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.