Updated Nov 27, 2012 - 8:55 pm
Suns Strokes: Dragic leads Suns to road victory over Cavs
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 91-78 win over the Cavaliers on November 27. Final Score: Suns 91, Cavaliers 78
Goran Dragic had 19 points, five rebounds and seven assists to lead the charge for the Suns against the Cavaliers. Michael Beasley put forth an impressive effort of his own, adding 15 points in the win.
The Suns outscored the Cavs 34-27 in the third and pulled away late, netting 14 straight points to end the quarter.
Despite the road win, the Suns remain 2-5 away from US Airways Center this season.
Phoenix is also surrendering a league-worst 103.3 points per game.
Jermaine O'Neal's streak of double-figure games ended at five against the Cavs on Tuesday. He had just nine points in the win.
Phoenix came back from a 26-point deficit in a 107-105 win over Cleveland on Nov. 9.
He Said It:
"I thought that we finally got our energy level up," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "I thought we did a good job of moving the basketball and I thought we did a great job of finding the mismatches and trying to go inside and trying to take advantage of that."
The Suns will head to Detroit to take on the Pistons to complete back-to-back contests Wednesday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m. and will air on Arizona Sports 620.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.