Updated Nov 22, 2012 - 10:58 am
Suns Strokes: Suns handle Blazers with new starting lineup
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 114-87 win over the Heat on November 21. Final Score: Suns 114, Blazers 87
The Suns ended a season-high three-game losing streak combining their best offensive performance (114 points, second-most of the season; season-high 59.7 percent shooting) with their best defensive performance of the season (opponent season-low tying 87 points; 40.3 opponent field goal percentage, second-lowest of the season) and wound up with a season-high 27-point win.
The Suns new starting lineup finished with a total of 71 points without playing a single minute in the fourth quarter.
Michael Beasley was the lone starter not in double figures. He played a season-low 19 minutes, committing four turnovers. Beasley has turned it over 14 times in the last four games.
Goran Dragic finished with three steals, extending his career-best streak of games with multiple steals to seven games. It's the longest streak by a Suns player since November 1-15, 2007 (9 consecutive, Shawn Marion).
He Said It:
"I learned in the past three days that you've got to play the game with a little bit of anger," Marcin Gortat (22 points, 7 rebounds) said. "I had a little bit of anger inside me and I just tried to prove it and show it that I'm the player capable of scoring inside."
The Suns (5-7) welcome Robin Lopez and the New Orleans Hornets (3-7) on Friday, November 23.
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.