Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 4:12 pm
Suns' Alvin Gentry vague about pending lineup changes
Speaking with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, Gentry left no clue on what moves he planned on making to the starting five after hinting changes were inevitable.
"I think everybody will find out tonight," said Gentry when asked about the lineup shuffling.
When presented with the possibilities of Shannon Brown getting the nod over Jared Dudley or Michael Beasley coming off the bench, Gentry was even more vague and simply responded both "could be a possibility."
Gentry added that when fans see the changes he's made they shouldn't be quick to base his team's poor play on those players being moved around in the lineup.
"When you change the lineup, that doesn't necessarily mean the players you've taken out of the lineup are responsible for the reason you're not playing well or getting off to a bad start or playing poorly," said Gentry. "I think that needs to be understood. But I think the combinations of the five guys that have been out there have not been effective."
"We've got the stats that we look at to prove it and the combinations of guys that we've had out there," said Gentry. "So in order for us to get this thing turned around, we've got make changes and we have to see if certain other people can work in the lineup. We'll do that and see if that works and if it doesn't, we'll try something else."
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.