Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 4:12 pm
Suns' Alvin Gentry vague about pending lineup changes
Speaking with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, Gentry left no clue on what moves he planned on making to the starting five after hinting changes were inevitable.
"I think everybody will find out tonight," said Gentry when asked about the lineup shuffling.
When presented with the possibilities of Shannon Brown getting the nod over Jared Dudley or Michael Beasley coming off the bench, Gentry was even more vague and simply responded both "could be a possibility."
Gentry added that when fans see the changes he's made they shouldn't be quick to base his team's poor play on those players being moved around in the lineup.
"When you change the lineup, that doesn't necessarily mean the players you've taken out of the lineup are responsible for the reason you're not playing well or getting off to a bad start or playing poorly," said Gentry. "I think that needs to be understood. But I think the combinations of the five guys that have been out there have not been effective."
"We've got the stats that we look at to prove it and the combinations of guys that we've had out there," said Gentry. "So in order for us to get this thing turned around, we've got make changes and we have to see if certain other people can work in the lineup. We'll do that and see if that works and if it doesn't, we'll try something else."
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea