Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 5:07 pm
Alvin Gentry responds to Marcin Gortat interview
"I'm glad he did," Gentry said of Gortat's remarks. However, Gentry wasn't quick to defend the "Polish Machine," claiming that the Suns "try to throw him the ball and we will try to give him the ball as much as we possibly can."
In the interview, Gortat described being one-on-one with his back to the basket as one of his "strongest variants."
"We would love to be able to throw him the ball, have him post up and score for us, but that hadn't been one of his strengths really," Gentry said.
Instead, Gentry wants to continue to use Gortat in the same ways that made him successful last season.
"Screen and rolling to the basket, athletic enough that he can get defensive rebounds, running in the open court like he did last year," Gentry said. "Nothing's changed from last year."
Gortat is averaging 11 points per game and averaging 9.3 field goal attemps per game this season, both of which are fewer than last year's averages.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.