Updated Nov 19, 2012 - 5:07 pm
Alvin Gentry responds to Marcin Gortat interview
"I'm glad he did," Gentry said of Gortat's remarks. However, Gentry wasn't quick to defend the "Polish Machine," claiming that the Suns "try to throw him the ball and we will try to give him the ball as much as we possibly can."
In the interview, Gortat described being one-on-one with his back to the basket as one of his "strongest variants."
"We would love to be able to throw him the ball, have him post up and score for us, but that hadn't been one of his strengths really," Gentry said.
Instead, Gentry wants to continue to use Gortat in the same ways that made him successful last season.
"Screen and rolling to the basket, athletic enough that he can get defensive rebounds, running in the open court like he did last year," Gentry said. "Nothing's changed from last year."
Gortat is averaging 11 points per game and averaging 9.3 field goal attemps per game this season, both of which are fewer than last year's averages.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.