Suns Strokes: Suns fall to energetic Lakers on the road
Goran Dragic was a bright spot for the Suns on offense. He scored 22 points and added seven assists and two rebounds.
Luis Scola also added 18 points, while Michael Beasley added 14 of his own along with a career-high nine assists.
The Suns' defense was shoddy against a fast-paced, energetic Lakers attack. New head coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't yet on the sidelines, as he was getting treatment for his knee in the Lakers' locker room, but his presence was surely felt.
Phoenix couldn't contain Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant, who netted 31 points for Los Angeles. Metta World Peace found ways to burn the Suns when it counted, sinking five three-pointers and scoring 22 points on the night.
The Suns have now dropped three of their last four games.
• The Lakers put together a 17-2 run over the final two quarters to pull away.
• Former Suns' icon Steve Nash didn't face his former team as the Lakers point guard missed his seventh consecutive game with a small fracture in his left leg. He is expected to miss at least another week of action before getting examined again next weekend.
• The Suns continued their streak of falling behind early in games this season. They have now trailed by double digits in nine of their 10 games this year.
The Suns will host the defending champion Miami Heat on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.