Suns Strokes: Suns rally but lose to Bulls in OT
The Suns trailed by 14 points entering the fourth quarter and outscored Chicago 31-17 in the period, shooting 13-of-25 (52%) from the field while holding the Bulls to 4-of-11 (36.4%) and forcing five Chicago turnovers.
The Suns' bench accounted for 23 of the team's 31 points, including 10 by Shannon Brown, nine by Sebastian Telfair and four from P.J. Tucker, who made the game-tying layup with 9.4 seconds remaining.
The Suns are their own worst enemies. They have now trailed by double figures in eight of nine games this season, including all five home games. The Suns trailed by as many as 18 points Wednesday before forcing overtime.
He Said It:
"It's been happening to us every game," Luis Scola (24 points, 14 rebounds) said. "It's very difficult to play that way. If we put ourselves in the situation and get down 19, 20 and 16 every game...it's very difficult to win games. You're going to come back eventually every once and a while but you are going to lose most of those games."
• Michael Beasley scored all six of the Suns' points in overtime. However, he was 4-of-15 from the field and is now shooting 32.2% (28-of-87) over his last six games.
• Markieff Morris left the arena with the aide of crutches after he suffered a low back bruise on his right side late in the fourth quarter. Morris landed hard after fighting for a rebound following a Shannon Brown missed four-foot jumper that would've given the Suns the lead with 19.9 left. Morris is considered day-to-day.
The Suns (4-5) visit the L.A. Lakers (3-5) on Friday, November 16.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.