Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 10:38 am
Suns Strokes: Suns rally but lose to Bulls in OT
The Suns trailed by 14 points entering the fourth quarter and outscored Chicago 31-17 in the period, shooting 13-of-25 (52%) from the field while holding the Bulls to 4-of-11 (36.4%) and forcing five Chicago turnovers.
The Suns' bench accounted for 23 of the team's 31 points, including 10 by Shannon Brown, nine by Sebastian Telfair and four from P.J. Tucker, who made the game-tying layup with 9.4 seconds remaining.
The Suns are their own worst enemies. They have now trailed by double figures in eight of nine games this season, including all five home games. The Suns trailed by as many as 18 points Wednesday before forcing overtime.
He Said It:
"It's been happening to us every game," Luis Scola (24 points, 14 rebounds) said. "It's very difficult to play that way. If we put ourselves in the situation and get down 19, 20 and 16 every game...it's very difficult to win games. You're going to come back eventually every once and a while but you are going to lose most of those games."
• Michael Beasley scored all six of the Suns' points in overtime. However, he was 4-of-15 from the field and is now shooting 32.2% (28-of-87) over his last six games.
• Markieff Morris left the arena with the aide of crutches after he suffered a low back bruise on his right side late in the fourth quarter. Morris landed hard after fighting for a rebound following a Shannon Brown missed four-foot jumper that would've given the Suns the lead with 19.9 left. Morris is considered day-to-day.
The Suns (4-5) visit the L.A. Lakers (3-5) on Friday, November 16.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.