Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 10:38 am
Suns Strokes: Suns rally but lose to Bulls in OT
The Suns trailed by 14 points entering the fourth quarter and outscored Chicago 31-17 in the period, shooting 13-of-25 (52%) from the field while holding the Bulls to 4-of-11 (36.4%) and forcing five Chicago turnovers.
The Suns' bench accounted for 23 of the team's 31 points, including 10 by Shannon Brown, nine by Sebastian Telfair and four from P.J. Tucker, who made the game-tying layup with 9.4 seconds remaining.
The Suns are their own worst enemies. They have now trailed by double figures in eight of nine games this season, including all five home games. The Suns trailed by as many as 18 points Wednesday before forcing overtime.
He Said It:
"It's been happening to us every game," Luis Scola (24 points, 14 rebounds) said. "It's very difficult to play that way. If we put ourselves in the situation and get down 19, 20 and 16 every game...it's very difficult to win games. You're going to come back eventually every once and a while but you are going to lose most of those games."
• Michael Beasley scored all six of the Suns' points in overtime. However, he was 4-of-15 from the field and is now shooting 32.2% (28-of-87) over his last six games.
• Markieff Morris left the arena with the aide of crutches after he suffered a low back bruise on his right side late in the fourth quarter. Morris landed hard after fighting for a rebound following a Shannon Brown missed four-foot jumper that would've given the Suns the lead with 19.9 left. Morris is considered day-to-day.
The Suns (4-5) visit the L.A. Lakers (3-5) on Friday, November 16.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea