Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 10:38 am
Suns Strokes: Suns rally but lose to Bulls in OT
The Suns trailed by 14 points entering the fourth quarter and outscored Chicago 31-17 in the period, shooting 13-of-25 (52%) from the field while holding the Bulls to 4-of-11 (36.4%) and forcing five Chicago turnovers.
The Suns' bench accounted for 23 of the team's 31 points, including 10 by Shannon Brown, nine by Sebastian Telfair and four from P.J. Tucker, who made the game-tying layup with 9.4 seconds remaining.
The Suns are their own worst enemies. They have now trailed by double figures in eight of nine games this season, including all five home games. The Suns trailed by as many as 18 points Wednesday before forcing overtime.
He Said It:
"It's been happening to us every game," Luis Scola (24 points, 14 rebounds) said. "It's very difficult to play that way. If we put ourselves in the situation and get down 19, 20 and 16 every game...it's very difficult to win games. You're going to come back eventually every once and a while but you are going to lose most of those games."
• Michael Beasley scored all six of the Suns' points in overtime. However, he was 4-of-15 from the field and is now shooting 32.2% (28-of-87) over his last six games.
• Markieff Morris left the arena with the aide of crutches after he suffered a low back bruise on his right side late in the fourth quarter. Morris landed hard after fighting for a rebound following a Shannon Brown missed four-foot jumper that would've given the Suns the lead with 19.9 left. Morris is considered day-to-day.
The Suns (4-5) visit the L.A. Lakers (3-5) on Friday, November 16.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t