Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 8:17 am
Suns' Babby encouraged by team's start
So to be where the team is at through eight games is, well, not bad, according to President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby.
"To have all the changes we've made and be 4-4 at this point is not bad," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "There are a couple games I felt we should have won that we didn't win, but maybe there are a couple we won that we didn't expect to win."
Babby said he's not necessarily happy with the record, but is encouraged by what he's seen from the team.
That said, Babby knows the team needs to improve, and says he's seen it do just that, specifically with rebounding and ball security.
"So I think there's a bit of a flow offensively and that's improving," he said. "So I think in those areas we're making progress but it's still so early and we still have so much, so much work to do."
Babby admitted that he's still learning a lot about his team, which makes sense since it's played just a handful of games together.
"One of the things [head coach Alvin Gentry] will do as time goes on, and we saw it last year, is he'll be more precise in his definition of roles for players, and that takes time," Babby said. "You just can't rush that.
Babby added that what he likes most about the team is the effort with which they play, saying there is "a freshness" that has not been there since he's been with the organization.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.