Updated Nov 15, 2012 - 8:17 am
Suns' Babby encouraged by team's start
So to be where the team is at through eight games is, well, not bad, according to President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby.
"To have all the changes we've made and be 4-4 at this point is not bad," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "There are a couple games I felt we should have won that we didn't win, but maybe there are a couple we won that we didn't expect to win."
Babby said he's not necessarily happy with the record, but is encouraged by what he's seen from the team.
That said, Babby knows the team needs to improve, and says he's seen it do just that, specifically with rebounding and ball security.
"So I think there's a bit of a flow offensively and that's improving," he said. "So I think in those areas we're making progress but it's still so early and we still have so much, so much work to do."
Babby admitted that he's still learning a lot about his team, which makes sense since it's played just a handful of games together.
"One of the things [head coach Alvin Gentry] will do as time goes on, and we saw it last year, is he'll be more precise in his definition of roles for players, and that takes time," Babby said. "You just can't rush that.
Babby added that what he likes most about the team is the effort with which they play, saying there is "a freshness" that has not been there since he's been with the organization.
- Suns bury Dallas with 15 3-pointers in 123-108 win
- Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek: Eric Bledsoe working through the challenges of being a full-time starter
- Suns Strokes: Bench leads Phoenix to spirited comeback win in Denver
- Suns rally for 103-99 win over Nuggets
- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
- The DISH - December 21, 2013 - Saturday December 21Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 20, 2013 - Friday December 20Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Friday December 20Lon Babby talks about the early season success and Jeff Hornacek.
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.