Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 8:39 am
Suns Strokes: Suns fall to Jazz on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 94-81 loss to the Utah Jazz on November 10. Final Score: Jazz 94, Suns 81
The Suns attempted a second comeback in as many nights but their spirited effort fell short. In the fourth quarter, they went on a 15-2 run to narrow Utah's lead to single digits. But ultimately, they couldn't overcome a 22-point deficit against the Jazz on Saturday.
Luis Scola performed well for Phoenix, finishing the game with 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Suns' offensive attack.
The bench was once again a bright spot for head coach Alvin Gentry. He went to his reserves earlier against the Jazz and it paid off as they helped cut into Utah's big lead.
The Suns once again dug themselves in a hole early and it proved too steep to overcome on the road against an opponent who's size proved problematic.
Gentry's squad had trouble rebounding the ball as the Jazz held a 52-37 advantage in that area.
The Suns shot just 36.8 percent in the defeat.
Marcin Gortat finished the game 0 of 6 shooting with just one point.
Shannon Brown had averaged 21.3 points over the past three games but was held to just four against the Jazz.
The Suns will host the Denver Nuggets on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.