Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 10:39 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns overcome 26-point deficit to beat Cavs
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 107-105 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on November 9. Final Score: Suns 107, Cavaliers 105
The Suns came back from a 26-point deficit to beat the Cavs at home Friday night 107-105. The win is the third largest comeback in team history and the largest at home.
The victory over Cleveland also gives the Suns consecutive wins for the first time this season and they improved to a .500 record of 3-3 for the first time this year.
The Suns scored just 16 points and committed eight turnovers in the first quarter to put them in the 26-point hole that required such an amazing comeback.
The Suns only led for 2:22 of the entire 48 minutes but it was enough to get the win. They took their first lead of the game with 8:17 remaining in the fourth quarter at 87-85.
The Suns got another big night from Shannon Brown off the bench. He recorded back-to-back 20-point games for the first time in his career and he's also scored 18 or more in three straight games for the first time in his career.
Another solid performance came from Marcin Gortat on the defensive end. Gortat has three games of five or more blocks in the first six games for the Suns this season. The Suns have not had a player with three games of five or more blocks in an entire season since Amare Stoudemire in 2007-2008.
The Suns hit the road to play Utah on Saturday night for the second game of a back-to-back. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and you can listen to it on Arizona Sports 620.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.