Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Al McCoy: ‘Suns are a work in progress'
With only five returning players from a season ago, the Suns are searching for their identity and find themselves at 2-3 through five games.
"There are no easy nights for the Suns right now," legendary Suns announcer Al McCoy said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "As we all know, the Suns are a work in progress."
McCoy still has hope for this team and seemed encouraged by Suns' performance in their two wins.
"We have seen them working well, as we did in the home victory and as we did in Charlotte the other night," McCoy said. "It's impressive."
Unfortunately for the Suns, those impressive moments have been few and far between. The reason, McCoy said, is the bench.
"That second unit has been the downfall both offensively and defensively," McCoy said. "The starters have come out, scored points and defended pretty darn well. It is that second unit.
"They got to tough it up."
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.