Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Al McCoy: ‘Suns are a work in progress'
With only five returning players from a season ago, the Suns are searching for their identity and find themselves at 2-3 through five games.
"There are no easy nights for the Suns right now," legendary Suns announcer Al McCoy said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "As we all know, the Suns are a work in progress."
McCoy still has hope for this team and seemed encouraged by Suns' performance in their two wins.
"We have seen them working well, as we did in the home victory and as we did in Charlotte the other night," McCoy said. "It's impressive."
Unfortunately for the Suns, those impressive moments have been few and far between. The reason, McCoy said, is the bench.
"That second unit has been the downfall both offensively and defensively," McCoy said. "The starters have come out, scored points and defended pretty darn well. It is that second unit.
"They got to tough it up."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.