Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Al McCoy: 全uns are a work in progress'
With only five returning players from a season ago, the Suns are searching for their identity and find themselves at 2-3 through five games.
"There are no easy nights for the Suns right now," legendary Suns announcer Al McCoy said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "As we all know, the Suns are a work in progress."
McCoy still has hope for this team and seemed encouraged by Suns' performance in their two wins.
"We have seen them working well, as we did in the home victory and as we did in Charlotte the other night," McCoy said. "It's impressive."
Unfortunately for the Suns, those impressive moments have been few and far between. The reason, McCoy said, is the bench.
"That second unit has been the downfall both offensively and defensively," McCoy said. "The starters have come out, scored points and defended pretty darn well. It is that second unit.
"They got to tough it up."
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?