Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Al McCoy: ‘Suns are a work in progress'
With only five returning players from a season ago, the Suns are searching for their identity and find themselves at 2-3 through five games.
"There are no easy nights for the Suns right now," legendary Suns announcer Al McCoy said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "As we all know, the Suns are a work in progress."
McCoy still has hope for this team and seemed encouraged by Suns' performance in their two wins.
"We have seen them working well, as we did in the home victory and as we did in Charlotte the other night," McCoy said. "It's impressive."
Unfortunately for the Suns, those impressive moments have been few and far between. The reason, McCoy said, is the bench.
"That second unit has been the downfall both offensively and defensively," McCoy said. "The starters have come out, scored points and defended pretty darn well. It is that second unit.
"They got to tough it up."
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Wednesday November 27What is the key to a Suns' victory over Portland?