Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 4:54 pm
Al McCoy: ‘Suns are a work in progress'
With only five returning players from a season ago, the Suns are searching for their identity and find themselves at 2-3 through five games.
"There are no easy nights for the Suns right now," legendary Suns announcer Al McCoy said on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Friday. "As we all know, the Suns are a work in progress."
McCoy still has hope for this team and seemed encouraged by Suns' performance in their two wins.
"We have seen them working well, as we did in the home victory and as we did in Charlotte the other night," McCoy said. "It's impressive."
Unfortunately for the Suns, those impressive moments have been few and far between. The reason, McCoy said, is the bench.
"That second unit has been the downfall both offensively and defensively," McCoy said. "The starters have come out, scored points and defended pretty darn well. It is that second unit.
"They got to tough it up."
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.