Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 12:21 pm
Suns analyst: Offensive rebounding has been phenomenal
With so many new faces, the Suns were able to address a major concern from last season: rebounding.
Phoenix ranked seventh-worst in defensive rebounding percentage last season, grabbing only 71.7 of the shots missed by opponents. The team knew it had to improve on the boards if it was going to compete in the Western Conference.
It appears they may have done just that.
"I think they're rebounding much better as a whole," Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "It starts with Marcin Gortat and Luis Scola, watching him talk about it in the preseason, in training camp and in media day that he wanted to become a better rebounder at both ends of the floor."
The Suns grabbed 50 rebounds in Charlotte Wednesday while allowing the Bobcats to snag just 39. Michael Beasley and Gortat led the team with 15 and 10 rebounds each.
"We've seen the offensive rebound; 20 against Charlotte to give them second chance opportunities to extend possessions," said Kempton. "So the offensive rebounding has been phenomenal."
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.