Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 12:21 pm
Suns analyst: Offensive rebounding has been phenomenal
With so many new faces, the Suns were able to address a major concern from last season: rebounding.
Phoenix ranked seventh-worst in defensive rebounding percentage last season, grabbing only 71.7 of the shots missed by opponents. The team knew it had to improve on the boards if it was going to compete in the Western Conference.
It appears they may have done just that.
"I think they're rebounding much better as a whole," Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "It starts with Marcin Gortat and Luis Scola, watching him talk about it in the preseason, in training camp and in media day that he wanted to become a better rebounder at both ends of the floor."
The Suns grabbed 50 rebounds in Charlotte Wednesday while allowing the Bobcats to snag just 39. Michael Beasley and Gortat led the team with 15 and 10 rebounds each.
"We've seen the offensive rebound; 20 against Charlotte to give them second chance opportunities to extend possessions," said Kempton. "So the offensive rebounding has been phenomenal."
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.