Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 12:21 pm
Suns analyst: Offensive rebounding has been phenomenal
With so many new faces, the Suns were able to address a major concern from last season: rebounding.
Phoenix ranked seventh-worst in defensive rebounding percentage last season, grabbing only 71.7 of the shots missed by opponents. The team knew it had to improve on the boards if it was going to compete in the Western Conference.
It appears they may have done just that.
"I think they're rebounding much better as a whole," Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "It starts with Marcin Gortat and Luis Scola, watching him talk about it in the preseason, in training camp and in media day that he wanted to become a better rebounder at both ends of the floor."
The Suns grabbed 50 rebounds in Charlotte Wednesday while allowing the Bobcats to snag just 39. Michael Beasley and Gortat led the team with 15 and 10 rebounds each.
"We've seen the offensive rebound; 20 against Charlotte to give them second chance opportunities to extend possessions," said Kempton. "So the offensive rebounding has been phenomenal."
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.