Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns hold off Pistons to notch first win of the season
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' win against the Detroit Pistons on November 2. Final Score: Suns 92, Pistons 89
The Phoenix Suns held off the Pistons to pull out a 92-89 win to improve to 1-1.
At the half Michael Beasley, Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat and Goran Dragic combined for 43 of the Suns' 54 points on 17-32 shooting.
Phoenix closed the second quarter on a 26-7 run to take a 54-46 lead going into the locker room.
Shannon Brown salvaged an otherwise poor night from the bench with a 5-9 second half with 10 points, he had 14 points on the night.
For the second straight game the Suns fell behind by double digits. It was only 11 points in the second quarter Friday compared to 17 in Wednesday's game against the Warriors.
For just the third time in the 45-year history of the Suns organization, Phoenix opened a season by holding each of its first two opponents to fewer than 90 points.
Phoenix allowed 10 offensive rebounds Friday compared to 17 against the Warriors.
The Suns travel to Orlando to take on the Magic on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.