Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 3:13 pm
Suns practice gets chippy day before season opener
October 30, 2012: Morris, Scola exchange pleasantries
After more than two months together, including a week-long training camp in San Diego and eight preseason games, the Suns are ready to move on to the real thing.
They're ready for games to matter. They're ready for games to count. They're ready for the regular season, which tips off Wednesday against Golden State.
And apparently, not a moment too soon.
Things became heated between Markieff Morris and Luis Scola during a scrimmage near the end of practice Tuesday.
Morris took exception to Scola's defense after receiving the basketball out on the wing. Morris shoved the ball into Scola's chest, which did not sit well with the five-year NBA veteran.
Some not-so-nice words were exchanged but nothing more as teammates quickly ran in between the two power forwards, who moments earlier had been battling for position on the low post.
"It's two of the toughest guys we got on our team so a little bit of confrontation is no big deal," head coach Alvin Gentry said afterwords. "We play hard and we compete like crazy so I don't see anything wrong with it.
"It's not like they don't like each other or anything," he continued. "They've got a ton of respect for each other and they play hard. They play against each other every day in practice. That's it. I mean no big deal."
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.