Updated Oct 30, 2012 - 3:13 pm
Suns practice gets chippy day before season opener
October 30, 2012: Morris, Scola exchange pleasantries
After more than two months together, including a week-long training camp in San Diego and eight preseason games, the Suns are ready to move on to the real thing.
They're ready for games to matter. They're ready for games to count. They're ready for the regular season, which tips off Wednesday against Golden State.
And apparently, not a moment too soon.
Things became heated between Markieff Morris and Luis Scola during a scrimmage near the end of practice Tuesday.
Morris took exception to Scola's defense after receiving the basketball out on the wing. Morris shoved the ball into Scola's chest, which did not sit well with the five-year NBA veteran.
Some not-so-nice words were exchanged but nothing more as teammates quickly ran in between the two power forwards, who moments earlier had been battling for position on the low post.
"It's two of the toughest guys we got on our team so a little bit of confrontation is no big deal," head coach Alvin Gentry said afterwords. "We play hard and we compete like crazy so I don't see anything wrong with it.
"It's not like they don't like each other or anything," he continued. "They've got a ton of respect for each other and they play hard. They play against each other every day in practice. That's it. I mean no big deal."
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?