Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 10:41 am
Suns sign forward P.J. Tucker
The Phoenix Suns continued their roster construction Wednesday, announcing they have come to terms with forward P.J. Tucker.
The 6'6", 224-pounder joins the Suns after spending the last five seasons playing international ball in some of the top leagues worldwide.
Tucker was a member of the Suns' 2012 Las Vegas Summer League and General Manager Lance Blanks had nothing but praise for Tucker's attitude and performance.
"In Las Vegas this summer [Tucker] impressed our entire front office and coaching staff with his approach to the game, both on and off the court," Blanks said.
Tucker averaged 5.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in 21.6 minutes while appearing in five games in Summer League play.
The University of Texas product was drafted with the 35th overall selection in the 2006 NBA draft by Toronto. He played 17 career games in the NBA, all as a member of the Raptors.
This past season, Tucker averaged 16.2 points and 7.1 rebounds in 44 games in Germany. He was also named the MVP of the German League Finals.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.