Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 10:41 am
Suns sign forward P.J. Tucker
The Phoenix Suns continued their roster construction Wednesday, announcing they have come to terms with forward P.J. Tucker.
The 6'6", 224-pounder joins the Suns after spending the last five seasons playing international ball in some of the top leagues worldwide.
Tucker was a member of the Suns' 2012 Las Vegas Summer League and General Manager Lance Blanks had nothing but praise for Tucker's attitude and performance.
"In Las Vegas this summer [Tucker] impressed our entire front office and coaching staff with his approach to the game, both on and off the court," Blanks said.
Tucker averaged 5.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in 21.6 minutes while appearing in five games in Summer League play.
The University of Texas product was drafted with the 35th overall selection in the 2006 NBA draft by Toronto. He played 17 career games in the NBA, all as a member of the Raptors.
This past season, Tucker averaged 16.2 points and 7.1 rebounds in 44 games in Germany. He was also named the MVP of the German League Finals.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.