Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 10:41 am
Suns sign forward P.J. Tucker
The Phoenix Suns continued their roster construction Wednesday, announcing they have come to terms with forward P.J. Tucker.
The 6'6", 224-pounder joins the Suns after spending the last five seasons playing international ball in some of the top leagues worldwide.
Tucker was a member of the Suns' 2012 Las Vegas Summer League and General Manager Lance Blanks had nothing but praise for Tucker's attitude and performance.
"In Las Vegas this summer [Tucker] impressed our entire front office and coaching staff with his approach to the game, both on and off the court," Blanks said.
Tucker averaged 5.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in 21.6 minutes while appearing in five games in Summer League play.
The University of Texas product was drafted with the 35th overall selection in the 2006 NBA draft by Toronto. He played 17 career games in the NBA, all as a member of the Raptors.
This past season, Tucker averaged 16.2 points and 7.1 rebounds in 44 games in Germany. He was also named the MVP of the German League Finals.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.