Updated Jul 20, 2012 - 6:30 pm
Grant Hill reflects fondly on time with Suns, ready to move on
Despite Grant Hill's desire to stay with the Phoenix Suns, it became increasingly clear it was time to move on.
"Sometimes change can be painful but it's just the reality of sports," Hill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Show Friday. "So it's nobody's fault. I just think if I am an outsider looking in, it's just time and its unfortunate, but that's what it is. That's the reality of it."
Hill inked a two-year, $4 million deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, who now tout a revamped roster that has improved its depth tremendously.
While Suns fans may have been surprised to hear of Hill signing with the Clippers, the veteran forward said he, too, couldn't have envisioned it happening.
"I'll say this, as of June 30 I wasn't necessarily thinking of leaving Phoenix and I wasn't necessarily thinking about the Clippers," Hill stated.
While it was a tough decision to leave, Hill is ready to start the next chapter with his new squad.
Hill doesn't harbor any ill feelings towards the Suns organization; in fact, he looks back quite fondly on his time in Phoenix.
"Teams go in different directions or it's time," Hill said. "Obviously I really enjoyed the five years that I had the opportunity to play in Phoenix and the organization and the fans."
The 39-year-old veteran will also miss the close relationships he fostered in Phoenix, and of course, ribbing his now former teammates.
"If Jared Dudley ever dunks on me, I am retiring and giving all my money to charity."
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t