Updated Jul 9, 2012 - 6:18 pm
ESPN Insider tells how Nash to L.A. came together
We've now heard Nash give his explanation to both Stein and an ESPN Radio 710's Max Kellerman and Mychal Thompson, but the two-time MVP hasn't turned up anywhere on the Phoenix radio airwaves to break down the trade.
Nash did offer a 27-second voice message via social media to the fans of Phoenix, but when he was reached via telephone by Arizona Sports 620 producer Bryan Gibberman last Friday, he was "too swamped" to spend a few minutes on the Burns & Gambo show.
Anyway, Stein's piece chronicles the lavish efforts of both the Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks to land the prized free agent, and their persistence in trying to make it happen quickly.
I was really close at times to being a Raptor or Knick. Really close. I've always wanted to play for the Knicks, and to go home to Toronto was a dream opportunity in a lot of different ways.
The article also details the Suns' initial reluctance to consent to a deal that would benefit the Lakers so greatly, the full court press put on Robert Sarver and his front office and their ultimate agreement.
As much as it may hurt to read the inner workings of the deal that came together, it is a pretty fascinating read.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.