Updated Jul 9, 2012 - 6:18 pm
ESPN Insider tells how Nash to L.A. came together
We've now heard Nash give his explanation to both Stein and an ESPN Radio 710's Max Kellerman and Mychal Thompson, but the two-time MVP hasn't turned up anywhere on the Phoenix radio airwaves to break down the trade.
Nash did offer a 27-second voice message via social media to the fans of Phoenix, but when he was reached via telephone by Arizona Sports 620 producer Bryan Gibberman last Friday, he was "too swamped" to spend a few minutes on the Burns & Gambo show.
Anyway, Stein's piece chronicles the lavish efforts of both the Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks to land the prized free agent, and their persistence in trying to make it happen quickly.
I was really close at times to being a Raptor or Knick. Really close. I've always wanted to play for the Knicks, and to go home to Toronto was a dream opportunity in a lot of different ways.
The article also details the Suns' initial reluctance to consent to a deal that would benefit the Lakers so greatly, the full court press put on Robert Sarver and his front office and their ultimate agreement.
As much as it may hurt to read the inner workings of the deal that came together, it is a pretty fascinating read.
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?