GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Tuesday's practice involved shoulder pads and shorts, which certainly changed how things were approached. Less hitting than normal, and what contact was there was toned down.
- It looked like John Brown, who returned to the field after hurting his hamstring in a practice last week, reaggrivated the injury.
- Ryan Lindley (left knee) did not practice, and neither did Jake Ballard (knee), Jonathan Cooper (knee), Nate Potter (knee), Dan Williams (knee) and Lyle Sendlein (calf). John Abraham (personal) remained absent.
- Cornerback Jerraud Powers picked off Carson Palmer on an out route intended for Larry Fitzgerald during the two-minute drill.
- Chandler Catanzaro handled the kicking duties, but struggled in making just five of nine attempts. He missed twice from 52 yards out.
- Patrick Peterson had a couple of nice plays during 11-on-11, first breaking up a pass intended for Fitzgerald and then swatting down a ball headed for Michael Floyd.
- Peterson made back-to-back plays during 11-on-11, first breaking up a pass intended for Larry Fitzgerald and then on the very next snap batted down a ball intended for Michael Floyd.
- Fitzgerald had one real nice grab during the two-minute drill on a not-so-great pass from Palmer.
- Receiver Walt Powell's fumble stalled the second team's two-minute drive.
- Receiver Brittan Golden had a couple of nice grabs.
Stat of the Day
The top 15 players selected in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft have combined to reach 18 Pro Bowls. Arizona's Patrick Peterson has the most with three, while the Texans' J.J. Watt is tied with two others with two selections.
Quotes of the Day
"They know where the starters are so it's to see where the second group, third group is. See how we've been going through camp. See how people can help the team. Really to see if you're ready to play football for the season." - Cornerback Justin Bethel on what coaches will be looking for in Saturday's preseason game against the Houston Texans
"Out here, I've got guys. I've got some of the greatest out here and they're helping me along with the process each and every day, and I'm getting it each and every day more and more. It's starting to slow down for me, at least out here in practice." - Rookie safety Deone Bucannon on getting a feel for the NFL game
"That's what you want out of your middle linebacker. Guy that's going to be talking to the defense, you want some swagger about him. He's got all the confidence in the world. He's a high-level player, he was a high draft choice and we expect great things out of him." Coach Bruce Arians on Kevin Minter's confidence