GLENDALE, Ariz. -- There were a reported 23,500 fans in attendance for Saturday's Cards camp practice. It was Fan Fest at University of Phoenix Stadium, and folks were treated to the most spirited practice of camp.
- John Brown sat out his second consecutive practice. Bruce Arians said the receiver's hamstring issue isn't a severe one, but better to play it safe and have him ready for next week.
- When asked about the right side of his offensive line, Arians said he was very happy. That question led to him bringing up the left side -- specifically guard Jonathan Cooper -- with whom the coach isn't all that pleased.
- Chandler Catanzaro made good on seven of his eight field goal attempts. He connected from 33, 37, 39, 44, 45, 47 and 47, while missing from 49.
- One of the most fun plays of practice had to be a Ted Ginn, Jr. reverse that turned into a Ginn pass to Michael Floyd in the end zone. The receiver caught it, but was ruled out of bounds.
- A fun sequence was when former ASU Sun Devil Kevin Ozier caught a touchdown pass from Drew Stanton in the corner of the end zone. That play was followed by a TD reception from former Arizona Wildcat Dan Buckner on a pass by Logan Thomas. Rivalry, anyone?
- Rookie receiver Walt Powell had a pretty good day, hauling in his share of passes -- including one for a score during 7-on-7 drills.
- Arians said it wouldn't be right to assume Logan Thomas is leading the race for the third QB spot because he's getting the bulk of the reps over Ryan Lindley. Instead, the coach said he knows what he has in Lindley and needs to see what Thomas can do.
Stat of the Day
Linebacker Larry Foote has appeared in 16 postseason games, all with the Pittsburgh Steelers. In those games he has tallied 61 tackles and two interceptions.
Quotes of the Day
"Just his processing information. His eyes are starting to be in the right spots most of the time. He still has those plays you go, 'really?' He's got to get rid of some of those." - Coach Bruce Arians on where he's seen the biggest improvement from Thomas
"It gives you a different atmosphere to what we've been having. It also gives the fans their first look of what's to come. I think that's the biggest thing, you look at it, you try to come out here and try to get better in practice. You want to try to treat practice as much as you can in game-tempo and try to get ready for it." - Cornerback Antonio Cromartie on the atmosphere of Fan Fest
"Not really. I take it as I need to improve. No matter who it came from, I need to improve. That's kind of the long and short of it." - Guard Jonathan Cooper on if he takes Arians' comments about his play as a sign from the coach