Updated Jul 17, 2014 - 4:51 pm
Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
People also love lists.
So in order to fill the void of actual football on the calendar from February to September, there are a lot of football-related lists published online.
ProFootballTalk.com is rolling out their preseason power rankings one team at a time, and finally, we've got an appearance by the Arizona Cardinals.
The Cardinals check in just outside the top ten, coming in at No. 11.
The Arizona Cardinals finished the 2013 season as one of the hottest teams in the league. The Cardinals finished 7-2 over the final nine games with their only two losses coming by a field goal to a pair of playoff teams in Philadelphia and San Francisco. In addition, Arizona is the only team in two seasons to defeat the Seattle Seahawks at home with a 17-10 win in Week 16.
It's not all sunshine for the Cardinals, as we know locally. PFT also points out the humongous losses in the linebacking corps caused by Karlos Dansby's free agent exodus to Cleveland and Daryl Washington's year-long drug suspension.
But overall, they're pretty optimistic.
The Arizona Cardinals should be legitimate contenders for a playoff spot this season if they can recapture the momentum they finished with in 2013. The Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers will enter the season as the favorites to win the division, but the Cardinals aren't far behind.
The Cardinals will report to training camp in Glendale July 25 and open their preseason schedule against the Houston Texans Saturday, Aug. 9 at University of Phoenix Stadium.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.