Updated Jul 14, 2014 - 5:42 pm
Bruce Arians 13th in NFL.com head coach power rankings
Arians was recently ranked as the 13th best coach in the NFL by Elliot Harrison of NFL.com. He still finished below every other coach in the NFC West as Jeff Fisher placed one spot ahead of him at 12th, Pete Carroll ranked seventh and Jim Harbaugh came in third.
I'd like to see one more full year at the helm from Arians before placing him any higher on this pecking order. Arians was named 2012 AP Coach of the Year for his work as the interim head man in Chuck Pagano's stead, which led to his prompt hiring in Arizona last offseason. He continued his brief -- but impressive -- head-coaching run by pushing the Cardinals to 10 wins, including a victory over the soon-to-be-world-champion Seattle Seahawks -- in Seattle.
Now entering his second season in Glendale after winning 10 games in 2013, expectations for Arians are higher. It won't be easy as the Cardinals will need to fill voids at linebacker left by Karlos Dansby and Daryl Washington, but if running back Andre Ellington and wide receiver Michael Floyd can improve on their numbers from last season, the team has a lot of potential with Arians leading the way.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.