The Pulse: Ellington most likely to be face of franchise among Valley's young talent
But he isn't the only young promising talent in the Valley; he's just one of the only star-potential players who has made an impact to date.
That is, he's the only one who has made an impact of the four athletes we included in our Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day on Wednesday.
We gave you four prospective future 'face of the franchise' player for each major professional sports team in Phoenix and asked which you thought was most likely to be that player.
From the Phoenix Suns we offered Alex Len, while throwing out Arizona Diamondbacks' pitching prospect Archie Bradley and Arizona Coyotes' center Max Domi, along with the Arizona Cardinals' star running back.
Of the 633 votes submitted, 280 pinned Ellington as the superlative promise, while a close 240 tabbed Bradley.
Len garnered the fewest votes, with 26 -- just four percent of the total tally. And Domi grabbed 14 percent of the votes, with 87.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.