Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu replies candidly to Twitter comment about him, Josh Gordon
Someone who is struggling from similar issues that used to plague Mathieu is Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns. The NFL's leading receiver in 2013 was pulled over for speeding over the weekend and subsequently arrested for DWI.
USA Today says that the Browns drafted Gordon in 2012 knowing he had drug issues in college at Baylor and Utah. He served a two-game drug-related suspension at the beginning of the 2013 season, and before being arrested Saturday, was already facing a ban of at least one year under the league's drug policy, although the receiver has appealed the ruling.
After news of Gordon's arrest started trickling in, the 23-year-old receiver began trending on Twitter. One user of the social media site mentioned Gordon and Mathieu together in a single tweet.
Josh Gordon needs to start hanging out with @Mathieu_Era— Chris (@Cryan215) July 7, 2014
The user, who calls himself Chris, was either trying to poke fun at "The Honey Badger's" past reputation, or perhaps he was just saying Gordon could learn from Mathieu's rehabilitation.
Either way, the Cardinals defensive back apparently looks at when he is tagged in a Twitter post, because he directly replied back the following.
Quite the honest, blunt answer from the soon-to-be second-year Cardinal. Mathieu's reply seems to acknowledge that's he has come a long way, but that his work is not yet finished.
Former NFL star Deion Sanders noticed Mathieu's response, as he tweeted a bit of affirmation to the Cardinals safety.
@Mathieu_Era lolol. You're a fool man. That's hilarious. I pray all is well my man. Truth— DeionSanders (@DeionSanders) July 7, 2014
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.