Arizona Cardinals rookie Troy Niklas out until training camp with broken right hand
Before he can prove that, he's going to have to catch a break.
Niklas, who missed some of the early parts of OTAs while recovering from hernia surgery, is out again with another injury.
"He twisted his finger in a jersey the other day and broke his hand," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after minicamp Tuesday. "He'll miss until we get ready for camp."
Niklas, who attended Notre Dame, spent two seasons as a tight end, catching 37 passes for 573 yards and six touchdowns.
At 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds, he certainly has the size to play the position, and the 21-year-old appears to have a bright future ahead of him.
It will just have to wait a little bit longer.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians on Tyrann Mathieu's progress: 'We'll see how he tackles'
- Report: Bengals cornerback fined for hit on Arizona Cardinals' Ted Ginn
- Arizona Cardinals preseason: By The Numbers
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.