Arizona Cardinals rookie Troy Niklas out until training camp with broken right hand
Before he can prove that, he's going to have to catch a break.
Niklas, who missed some of the early parts of OTAs while recovering from hernia surgery, is out again with another injury.
"He twisted his finger in a jersey the other day and broke his hand," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after minicamp Tuesday. "He'll miss until we get ready for camp."
Niklas, who attended Notre Dame, spent two seasons as a tight end, catching 37 passes for 573 yards and six touchdowns.
At 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds, he certainly has the size to play the position, and the 21-year-old appears to have a bright future ahead of him.
It will just have to wait a little bit longer.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.