Arizona Cardinals rookie Troy Niklas out until training camp with broken right hand
Before he can prove that, he's going to have to catch a break.
Niklas, who missed some of the early parts of OTAs while recovering from hernia surgery, is out again with another injury.
"He twisted his finger in a jersey the other day and broke his hand," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after minicamp Tuesday. "He'll miss until we get ready for camp."
Niklas, who attended Notre Dame, spent two seasons as a tight end, catching 37 passes for 573 yards and six touchdowns.
At 6-foot-6 and 270 pounds, he certainly has the size to play the position, and the 21-year-old appears to have a bright future ahead of him.
It will just have to wait a little bit longer.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- A 'confident' Andre Ellington excited about increased role with Arizona Cardinals
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Fighting not tolerated in Cardinals camp
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.