ESPN: Arizona Cardinals a regression candidate in 2014
Yates, citing linebacker concerns and the difficult NFC West, projects the Cardinals to finish 7-9 in 2014.
The Cardinals recently lost linebacker Daryl Washington to a season-long suspension, leaving an already-thin linebacker corps in rough shape. Karlos Dansby is now a Cleveland Brown, leaving Kevin Minter (one career defensive snap) and Larry Foote (age 33) as projected starters. Minter is a downhill thumper, but unproven. Foote has the instincts and savvy to quarterback a defense, but the range concerns are legitimate. The Cardinals were just 3-6 against teams with winning records in 2013 and play in the best division in the NFL.
The depleted linebacker corps certainly hurts Cardinals' defense, but the team's schedule is only slightly tougher than last season (.547 opponent win percentage in 2014 vs. .533 in 2013).
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.