Arizona Cardinals sign first-round pick Deone Bucannon
The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday they had signed safety Deone Bucannon to a four-year contract. Their first-round pick, he is the last member of the team's 2014 draft class to agree to a contract.
Bucannon was selected 27th overall out of Washington State. Last season, as a senior, he earned first-team All-American honors after recording a team-best 114 tackles (78 solo) along with six interceptions, 4.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
The 21-year-old is expected to compete for a starting spot with the team.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.