Arizona Cardinals sign first-round pick Deone Bucannon
The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday they had signed safety Deone Bucannon to a four-year contract. Their first-round pick, he is the last member of the team's 2014 draft class to agree to a contract.
Bucannon was selected 27th overall out of Washington State. Last season, as a senior, he earned first-team All-American honors after recording a team-best 114 tackles (78 solo) along with six interceptions, 4.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
The 21-year-old is expected to compete for a starting spot with the team.
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.