Arizona Cardinals sign first-round pick Deone Bucannon
The Arizona Cardinals announced Thursday they had signed safety Deone Bucannon to a four-year contract. Their first-round pick, he is the last member of the team's 2014 draft class to agree to a contract.
Bucannon was selected 27th overall out of Washington State. Last season, as a senior, he earned first-team All-American honors after recording a team-best 114 tackles (78 solo) along with six interceptions, 4.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
The 21-year-old is expected to compete for a starting spot with the team.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.