Updated Jun 3, 2014 - 10:52 pm
The Pulse: The Cardinals' replacement of Daryl Washington is on the roster
Friday, he was suspended by the NFL for the entirety of the 2014 NFL season for once again violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Despite his off-the-field slip-ups, he has been as dependable as they come as a member of the Cardinals defense and his absence will be felt in 2014.
We at ArizonaSports.com asked where you thought the Cardinals should look for Washington's replacement next season in the Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day, which can be located on the right side of the home page.
How should the Arizona Cardinals replace suspended linebacker Daryl Wahington?
A total of 393 weighed in, with the majority believing his replacement was already on the roster.
More than 180 voters (46 percent) believed that the Cardinals should "promote someone already on the roster."
Another large faction of voters believed Arizona should explore free agency in their quest to replace Washington, with 142 (36 percent) votes.
The Cardinals did just that on Tuesday, when they signed former Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Ernie Sims to a one-year deal. They had previously this offseason signed Larry Foote to a one-year contract.
Still another 18 percent of voters believed that general manager Steve Keim should explore trade talks with other teams as a means of obtaining Washington's replacement.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.