Updated Jun 3, 2014 - 10:52 pm
The Pulse: The Cardinals' replacement of Daryl Washington is on the roster
Friday, he was suspended by the NFL for the entirety of the 2014 NFL season for once again violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Despite his off-the-field slip-ups, he has been as dependable as they come as a member of the Cardinals defense and his absence will be felt in 2014.
We at ArizonaSports.com asked where you thought the Cardinals should look for Washington's replacement next season in the Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day, which can be located on the right side of the home page.
How should the Arizona Cardinals replace suspended linebacker Daryl Wahington?
A total of 393 weighed in, with the majority believing his replacement was already on the roster.
More than 180 voters (46 percent) believed that the Cardinals should "promote someone already on the roster."
Another large faction of voters believed Arizona should explore free agency in their quest to replace Washington, with 142 (36 percent) votes.
The Cardinals did just that on Tuesday, when they signed former Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Ernie Sims to a one-year deal. They had previously this offseason signed Larry Foote to a one-year contract.
Still another 18 percent of voters believed that general manager Steve Keim should explore trade talks with other teams as a means of obtaining Washington's replacement.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.