Updated Jun 1, 2014 - 8:54 pm
The Pulse: Year-long suspension 'exactly what Daryl Washington deserved'
Friday, he was suspended by the NFL for the entirety of the 2014 NFL season for once again violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Although Washington is regarded as of the franchise's defensive cornerstones, fans around the Valley were not afraid to speak their mind about his latest err in judgement.
We at ArizonaSports.com posed the question as to whether or not the former Pro Bowler's penalty was lenient, too harsh or just right.
And the latter option won going away.
Out of a possible 930 votes, 634 readers (68 percent) felt that Washington's punishment fit the crime.
A sizable minority of 27 percent felt the league came down way too hard on the former second-round pick, while 44 voters expressed a desire for an even lengthier ban.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.