Updated Jun 1, 2014 - 8:54 pm
The Pulse: Year-long suspension 'exactly what Daryl Washington deserved'
Friday, he was suspended by the NFL for the entirety of the 2014 NFL season for once again violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Although Washington is regarded as of the franchise's defensive cornerstones, fans around the Valley were not afraid to speak their mind about his latest err in judgement.
We at ArizonaSports.com posed the question as to whether or not the former Pro Bowler's penalty was lenient, too harsh or just right.
And the latter option won going away.
Out of a possible 930 votes, 634 readers (68 percent) felt that Washington's punishment fit the crime.
A sizable minority of 27 percent felt the league came down way too hard on the former second-round pick, while 44 voters expressed a desire for an even lengthier ban.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.