The Pulse: Taylor the favorite to spell Ellington in Cardinals' backfield
On Wednesday, we asked you to take a closer look at the Arizona Cardinals' backfield and answer the question of who will get the most touches behind No. 1 running back Andre Ellington.
A total of 436 votes were submitted, and second-year running back Stepfan Taylor out of Stanford is the favorite to spell Ellington.
A whopping 64 percent of the vote went toward Taylor, with free agent signee Jonathan Dwyer receiving 31 percent. Rookie Zach Bauman received just three percent of the vote, while two percent of you chose the "other" option.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday that the goal is for Ellington to get 25-30 touches per game this season.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.