Updated May 23, 2014 - 11:26 am
Patrick Peterson-Richard Sherman Twitter war spills into the night
Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson shared his thoughts on his game compared to that of Seattle Seahawks corner Richard Sherman Thursday on Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
Sherman's social media response was swift. Peterson then responded.
If you stopped following this saga at close of business Thursday, you're missing out.
Sherman posted this:
Never confuse Potential with Production! In the game of Life winners win. Loser say what if. #Levels— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Lockdown everywhere but the field pic.twitter.com/5vUyyhNIvn— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Then Peterson started breaking down film and responded with:
That's what I always see someone helping. Last I check a lockdown corner is when it's him and WR. pic.twitter.com/ytHQcJsZCH— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) May 23, 2014
@RealPeterson21 wideouts regularly have career days on u. They ask u to stop them. Not let them score at will.— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 23, 2014
Earlier Thursday Sherman called Peterson "a kid" -- which is interesting since they've both been in the league since 2011.
@PFF_Pete this kid gave up as many Tds this year as I have in my career. He wouldn't last in our system bcuz he gives up too many Tds— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 22, 2014
Peterson didn't like that too much, either.
Is it over? Only time will tell. But we can't wait until football season!
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.