Arizona Cardinals' Darnell Dockett vows to mentor draft pick Ed Stinson
He's still a very productive player, but at 32 years of age, the three-time Pro Bowler is admittedly on the downside of his career.
Who will fill the massive void when Dockett's time is up? Nine-Oh himself seems to know the answer, and he shared it on his Twitter account Monday.
Ed Stinson will be the next Dockett if not better, I will give him all the tools and show him all the tricks. No one showed me but I will.— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) May 19, 2014
I like to see the under dog win... I'll go out my way 20x to help the under dog win... I relate.— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) May 19, 2014
Stinson was a fifth-round pick of the Cardinals out of Alabama earlier this month. During his career in Tuscaloosa, Stinson started 38 of 49 games, accumulating 105 total tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 quarterback sacks. He was the only Alabama defensive player to start all 27 games over the last two seasons.
Dockett, himself, was a third-round pick out of Florida State in 2004.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.