Arizona Cardinals' Darnell Dockett vows to mentor draft pick Ed Stinson
He's still a very productive player, but at 32 years of age, the three-time Pro Bowler is admittedly on the downside of his career.
Who will fill the massive void when Dockett's time is up? Nine-Oh himself seems to know the answer, and he shared it on his Twitter account Monday.
Ed Stinson will be the next Dockett if not better, I will give him all the tools and show him all the tricks. No one showed me but I will.— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) May 19, 2014
I like to see the under dog win... I'll go out my way 20x to help the under dog win... I relate.— DARNELL DOCKETT (@ddockett) May 19, 2014
Stinson was a fifth-round pick of the Cardinals out of Alabama earlier this month. During his career in Tuscaloosa, Stinson started 38 of 49 games, accumulating 105 total tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 quarterback sacks. He was the only Alabama defensive player to start all 27 games over the last two seasons.
Dockett, himself, was a third-round pick out of Florida State in 2004.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?