Updated May 14, 2014 - 1:20 am
The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly not worried about Patrick Peterson's contract status going into 2014
Because Arizona picked up his fifth-year option, Peterson is still playing under his rookie contract for another two years.
At an event Monday, though, Peterson reiterated to the media that he has no intention of holding out if the Cardinals don't offer him a new deal before 2015 comes to a close.
"I have two more years left on my contract," Peterson said. "I think I'm definitely well deserving of a new contract, but at the end of the day it's a business. You've got cap numbers, you've got other guys you need to take care of like the rookie pool, and all that stuff falls under perspective."
With that said, ArizonaSports.com asked its readers if they were concerned about Peterson's contract status heading into the 2014 campaign.
Overwhelmingly, the answer was no -- to the tune of 303 votes out of a possible 354 (86 percent).
As it turns out, fans around the Valley have faith in the organization and its star corner to get a deal done at some point in the future.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.