Updated May 14, 2014 - 1:20 am
The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly not worried about Patrick Peterson's contract status going into 2014
Because Arizona picked up his fifth-year option, Peterson is still playing under his rookie contract for another two years.
At an event Monday, though, Peterson reiterated to the media that he has no intention of holding out if the Cardinals don't offer him a new deal before 2015 comes to a close.
"I have two more years left on my contract," Peterson said. "I think I'm definitely well deserving of a new contract, but at the end of the day it's a business. You've got cap numbers, you've got other guys you need to take care of like the rookie pool, and all that stuff falls under perspective."
With that said, ArizonaSports.com asked its readers if they were concerned about Peterson's contract status heading into the 2014 campaign.
Overwhelmingly, the answer was no -- to the tune of 303 votes out of a possible 354 (86 percent).
As it turns out, fans around the Valley have faith in the organization and its star corner to get a deal done at some point in the future.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.