Richard Sherman reacts to Patrick Peterson comments via Twitter
Last week, Seattle corner Richard Sherman received a four-year, $57 million deal that will give him $40 million guaranteed.
Tuesday, Cleveland's Joe Haden got paid as well, getting a five-year, $68 million pact that brings $45 million in guaranteed money.
All this had led to speculation on the contract future of Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, who has been a Pro Bowler in each of his first three seasons.
Peterson has two years remaining on his rookie deal, but is aware of what's happening around the league at the cornerback position.
"I'm definitely excited to see what that number may be, since Richard got paid, but we have to wait and see," Peterson said with a smile Monday.
"I mean, I think I am," Peterson responded when asked if he's worth more than Sherman. "But at the end of the day both sides have to agree to terms and we'll see what those terms are and hopefully sooner than later."
Never one to let anyone talk about him -- as the world knows from his post-NFC Championship Game rant on San Francisco's Michael Crabtree -- Sherman responded to Peterson's comments via Twitter Tuesday.
Interceptions aside, Sherman did rank as the sixth-best corner in the league based on ratings from ProFootballFocus.com. Peterson ranked 16th among the 110 players rated.
|Player, Team||PFF Rank||Targets||Catches||Comp. %||Yds.||Avg.||YAC||Long||TD||INT||PD||Opp. QB Rating|
|Richard Sherman, SEA||6||58||30||51.7||421||14.0||112||73||2||8||5||47.3|
|Patrick Peterson, ARZ||16||90||49||54.4||688||14.0||284||72||7||3||6||91.3|
|Joe Haden, CLE||18||99||55||55.6||557||10.1||169||41||6||4||12||75.2|
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b