Updated May 13, 2014 - 1:02 pm
The Big Red Wolf Report: 2014 Cardinals' NFL Draft Recap
Here are a few of my thoughts:
The first pick was Deone Bucannon, a safety out of Washington State. I didn't know much about this kid other than he was big, played for Wazzu and had a reputation for separating the screws from somebody's facemask.
But I know the Cards needed safety help.
In the second round the Cards drafted tight end Troy Niklas from Notre Dame and I LOVE this kid. He's big, strong and capable of holding up at the point of attack!
The Cards have a few more selections I cover in the video, but as I've said before: I'm a results based person so no matter how good these guys look on paper, they have to show up on the field to get my approval.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.