Updated May 10, 2014 - 12:49 pm
Arizona Cardinals fourth-round pick Logan Thomas: By The Numbers
By selecting Logan Thomas, a QB out of Virginia Tech, with their fourth-round pick in the NFL Draft (No. 120 overall), the Cardinals have the big, strong-armed, athletic signal caller that Arians has preferred throughout his caching career.
Standing at 6-foor-6 and nearly 260 pounds, there aren't many questions about Thomas' physical abilities. But his production in college didn't match his physicality.
Here's a closer look at Thomas, By The Numbers:
Thomas was the No. 1 performer among quarterbacks in three drills at the NFL Scouting Combine -- the 40-yard dash (4.61 seconds), vertical jump (35.5 inches) and broad jump (nine feet, 10 inches). He finished second in the 20-yard shuttle behind Johnny Manziel and third in the three-cone drill behind Jordan Lynch and Manziel.
While Thomas is off the charts physically, he posted just a 1.36 touchdown-to-interception ratio throughout his Virginia Tech career.
Thomas was the sixth quarterback taken, and was also selected ahead of big names like A.J. McCarron, Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger.
The best completion percentage of Thomas' VT career came as a sophomore, when he completed 59.8 of his passes in his first year as a starter.
The longest run of Thomas' Virgina Tech career was a 73-yard touchdown as a junior against Miami.
Thomas accounted for 77 touchdowns in his Hokies career, 24 of which came on the ground while 53 came via passes.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.